As a Payroll Specialist, you and your colleagues are responsible for periodically performing timely, accurate and complete payroll transactions for multiple companies. You do this by administratively checking, correcting and processing all salary changes that occur for the purpose of correct, timely and full salary payment, taking into account tax and social legislation and regulations, collective bargaining and employment conditions.
In this position you handle all salary management both as a team and independently. You oversee the planning of daily and periodic activities and set priorities. You are also involved in payroll related projects. Of course, you are always aware of social and tax legislation, and you also contribute internal opinions on relevant regulations such as the Personal Data Protection Act and are thinking about optimizing various business processes.
Main activities of the position
· Checking and processing all regular salary changes.
· Recalculation and control of retroactive changes (manual).
· Processing of wage liens, bailiff information requests and further administrative actions.
· Organizing and final checking of all salary changes entered.
· Explanation and answering of employees' questions about salary.
Preparation and payment of periodic payroll tax returns.
· Support with annual setup of calculation constants (premiums and employee-employer percentages).
· Correct and timely implementation of changing tax measures, collective bargaining agreements and employment conditions.
· Provide reports on salary data, such as payroll entries and audits, upon request.
Advising management on salary questions
· Taking part in projects related to payroll
Knowledge of payroll regulations and procedures for proper performance of the position
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS – PAYROLL SPECIALIST / SENIOR SALARY MANAGER
As Payroll Specialist / Snr. Payroll Manager:
You have at least HBO business and thinking level, along with relevant work experience in a payroll administration, and are up to date with the latest developments in legislation and regulations
· Do you have an applied diploma in Payroll Management and/or Payroll Services vocational training?
· You have knowledge and experience in automatic payroll processing such as Ubplus and Microloon.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel and Word).
You also bring the following competencies with you:
· Service oriented (result oriented and customer oriented), strong in cooperation, structuring and organization.
· Think analytically.
· Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English.
· To be successful in this role, you work right, be flexible, proactive, honest and resistant to stress.